Monday, October 18, 2010

Stuffed Squash

After last week's missed potluck I woke up today craving my friends and delicious food (that I didn't have to prepare solely by myself!).

I was also excited to figure out just exactly what I planned to do with the acorn squash that was in my possession. I'm a huge fan of simply roasting the squash with a little butter and a touch of brown sugar, but sometimes I like to jazz it up a bit.

I thought about going with one of my favorite acorn squash recipes, but in the end decided to let the pantry dictate the direction I went with.

While the squash was roasting, I put up a pot of "gourmet mixed rice" (Just fancy talk for mixed short and long grain brown rice, some Japonica rice & some pretty black rice) cooked with butter and vegetable broth. I decided to mix the finished brown rice with some raisins and toss it into the squash during the last ten minutes of cooking.
Roasted acorn squash
If I could somehow link you to how phenomenal my house smelled, I totally would. But for now - you'll have to take my word for it.

Stuffed to the brim

I'll do my best not to take just a wee little taste before it's time to head out to potluck, and will be back soon to share with you all the other delicious dishes I'm positive will be waiting for me tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment