Monday, November 15, 2010

Melancholy Monday...

No potluck for me tonight.
My son - 2008 - but perfectly exemplary of how I currently feel

I was the unlucky recipient of some sort of virus over the weekend. While my fever is almost gone, my stomach is still battling itself...which is never a kind moment. So, despite wanting the comfort of my friends, I will spare them the chance to get whatever this is. In this instance, sharing is *not* caring!

Of course, I still read all the emails that were passed back and forth on the potluck list serve today. Clearly I am a glutton for punishment as I read about white bean chili, egg noodles with peas & ham, sausage and sweet potato pie...both my stomach and my heart did not appreciate it.

But, there is always next week, and you can bet I'm already looking forward to that. I can guarantee that my son is definitely looking forward to next week as well since boxed <gasp> macaroni and cheese was the most effort I could muster up at the present time for his dinner.

However, despite not feeling up to attending potluck tonight, there will still be plenty of food related posts this week, including week 2 of the soup-a-long! In the meantime I will continue to rest, drink my fluids and try any of the number of home remedies friends have suggested (ginger, coconut water, elderberry syrup). Feel free to leave your own advice in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment