Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Potato Roast

The end is near...I can almost taste the pizza from here!

Today is the last day of Passover, and my mind is already in overdrive, planning all the leavened food I'll be consuming. Although, truth be told, it's been quite the delicious week. I have also cooked potatoes in pretty much every form imaginable...baked, fried, roasted, sliced, diced, cubed and more. And yet, I'm still not sick of them.

It helps when you make awesome recipes such as this one. This crispy potato roast comes courtsey of Martha Stewart via Smitten Kitchen. It was an easy recipe that allowed me to use one of my favorite kitchen appliances - my mandolin!

Click the link above for the entire recipe. I followed it pretty closely, substituting regular black pepper for the fancier pepper they used.



I probably used about 3/4 of a bag of potatoes (granted my potatoes were on the smallish side).



I also used the mandolin to slice up the shallots - easy peasy and no tears.


I may have overfilled the dish with potatoes, so it was a little tricky to stuff all the shallots in between. However, when it baked up, a bunch of them got extra crispy delicious on top, so I figure it wasn't that big of a problem in the end. 


It was a big hit at potluck, and the rest of the meal was surprsingly Passover friendly. We had two green salads, deviled eggs, meatballs & sauce, and some snacky type food.


Sadly, my dreams of turning any leftovers into homefries this morning were dashed as...there were no leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment