Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sights of Passover

Between family, seders and a bunch of traveling, it's been a busy week over here. Surprisingly, however, there hasn't been much cooking...at least on my end. My mother put out a delicious seder filled with brisket, turkey and more sides than you can imagine.

Now we're back home and settling into the remainder of Passover. Here's a little glimpse into what we've been eating...




Potatoes. Lots and lots of potatoes. These fingerlings will join some chicken sausage, peppers & onions for my tried and true super easy roasted dish. Last night we baked some Idaho taters and overstuffed them with steamed broccoli, shredded cheese (for the kid), mayo (for me), and crumbled veggie bacon bits. Delicious.



Ring Jells


These are the epitome of Passover candy (for me at least). Sugary sweet gummy filling surrounded by crisp chocolatey goodness. I may have them in both "pink" (raspberry?) and "orange" (actually orange).


Macroons

I'm "eh" when it comes to macaroons, and can either take them or leave them, but my husband goes crazy for them, so we always buy a can or two during Passover.

My go to lunch for the week is salad, and then I try to dress it up any way that I can. Today's included tuna with mayo and a drizzle of mustard on top, eaten with...potato chips. 



The rest of the week looks a haze of potatoes, salad and chicken, topped off with a few ring jells and some macaroons. I also might buckle and attempt these.

No comments:

Post a Comment